With restaurants reopening for dining, food service workers are in high demand for both front- and back-of-house roles. Whether you’re a seasoned food service professional or looking for restaurant jobs for the first time, many restaurants are making changes in order to support talent shortages.
Now is a great time to break into or return to the industry with urgently hiring employers and less competition. Watch this virtual workshop with @OpenTable and Matthew Kenney Cuisine to learn about the state of the restaurant job market and how to get hired.
– How the industry is evolving to make restaurant jobs more desirable
– Types of food service roles and the skills needed to succeed
– Tips for finding great restaurant jobs
Here are the links posted “in the chat” for further learning:
– 3 Reasons Why Now’s a Great Time To Get a Food & Bev Job https://go.indeed.com/ZC4PRM
– 22 Lessons You Learn While Working in a Restaurant https://go.indeed.com/MF4DAA
– The 26 Most In-Demand Food & Beverage Jobs 2021 https://go.indeed.com/6F723E
– Resume Skills for Servers https://go.indeed.com/MW3K94
– Food Service Resume Samples and Templates 2021 https://go.indeed.com/GZ7M2N
– Restaurant Interview Questions (With Example Answers) https://go.indeed.com/PNHAD2
Find restaurant jobs near you: https://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=restaurant-jobs
Find resources referenced in the webinar: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/job-cast-restaurant-industry
Register for upcoming Job Casts: https://indeed.com/jobcast
For more Job Casts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDOBFoeNOVU&list=PL6qIzGkkiXFEyunKn8DDhd4SECOujMXFw&index=2
Say hi on social:
Indeed is the world’s #1 job site***, with over 250 million unique visitors**** every month from over 60 different countries. We provide free access to search and apply for jobs, post your resume, research companies, and compare salaries. Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. On our YouTube channel, you’ll find tips and personal stories to help you take the next step in your job search.
The information in this video is provided as a courtesy. Indeed is not a legal advisor and does not guarantee job interviews or offers.
*Comscore, Total Visits, March 2020
**Google Analytics, Unique Visitors, February 2020
00:28 Learning objectives
00:45 Meet your hosts
02:12 Now is the time to work in food service
03:57 How the restaurant industry is evolving to provide better working conditions
09:49 Opportunities for people with little or no experience
12:56 Front of house roles
14:55 What it takes to succeed in the restaurant industry
17:29 Find your career path with Career Explorer
19:15 Find and land a great restaurant role
26:22 How to prepare for the interview
30:49 Tips for interview success