March 12, 2022, marked the 10th anniversary of the first line of code ever written at Duetto, hospitality’s leading software as a service provider of revenue strategy solutions.
From the very beginning, hospitality has been in our DNA. In 2010, our co-founders, Marco Benvenuti and Patrick Bosworth, left Wynn Resorts and set out to address the biggest problems faced by the hospitality industry: distribution complexity and optimizing profitability. Their venture started as a revenue management consulting firm but grew quickly as they realized the industry needed a cloud-native revenue strategy solution that could empower revenue teams to deploy and scale profitable strategies.
What began as an idea, as a way of doing business, of freeing revenue for hotels and casinos, began to take its current form in March 2012. By then, Benvenuti and Bosworth had been joined by a third co-founder, Craig Weissman (previously the CTO of Salesforce).
From that first line of code, Duetto grew into a whole lot more: an entire platform of unique and robust applications that increase conversion, guest loyalty, operational efficiency, and revenue.
Today, Duetto is the largest independent revenue management system in the hospitality industry, with operations in the US, Argentina, the UK, Europe, and APAC. As we enter our 10th Anniversary Year, we look back on 10 Milestones That Made Duetto:
- April 2020 | Pulse Report launched – Duetto Pulse Report is a free, data-driven analysis of key metrics, including bookings, cancellations, and website traffic in the US, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- March 2019 | EMEA milestone –Duetto surpassed 850 partner hotels in EMEA, representing 150,000 rooms.
- February 2018 | $80m Series D funding –Duetto announced the closing of an $80 million Series D financing round led by Warburg Pincus. The largest ever non-acquisition investment in a software company serving the hotel industry.
- November 2017 | Duetto launched BlockBuster –Duetto introduced BlockBuster, an application that enhances collaboration between sales and revenue management, allowing hotels to optimize group and non-contracted business.
- August 2017 | First Australian hotel –The Tank Stream Hotel became the first hotel in Australia to use Duetto.
- September 2016 | Duetto launched ScoreBoard –ScoreBoard was introduced as a hotel business intelligence tool to offer more insights beyond manual spreadsheet reporting across hotel portfolios.
- January 2016 | Duetto signs first enterprise customer –Duetto implemented its solutions for its first enterprise customer, NH Hotel Group, which at the time had 400 hotels and 60,000 rooms in Europe, the Americas, and Africa.
- October 2014 | London office opened –Duetto opened its first international office, a European headquarters in London.
- April 2014 | Duetto launched GameChanger –GameChanger was initially built for casinos, enabling groundbreaking new opportunities to increase revenue and enhance business mix decisions.
- March 2012 | Software development –The first line of code was written for a new SaaS-based hotel revenue management application, Duetto Edge.
“We enter our 10th Anniversary year with a vision to become the revenue and profit operating system for the hotel industry. In our first decade, more than 4,000 hotel and casino resort properties in more than 60 countries have partnered to use Duetto’s applications,” said David Woolenberg, CEO, Duetto. “But we are just getting started. We’re growing as a team, entering new markets, and developing exciting new features to help hoteliers unlock revenue and profit. Watch out for the next ten years of Duetto.”
Duetto delivers a suite of cloud applications to simplify hospitality revenue decisions and allow hoteliers to work smarter, increasing organizational efficiency, revenue, and profitability. The unique combination of hospitality experience and technology leadership drives Duetto to look for innovative solutions to industry challenges. The software as a service platform allows hotels and casino resorts to leverage real-time dynamic data sources and actionable insights into pricing and demand across the enterprise. More than 4,000 hotel and casino resort properties in more than 60 countries have partnered to use Duetto”s applications, which include GameChanger for pricing, ScoreBoard for intelligent reporting, and BlockBuster for contracted-business optimization. Duetto is backed by investors Warburg Pincus, Icon Ventures, Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, and Spectrum 28. In January 2022, Duetto was voted as the Best Revenue Management System in the HotelTechAwards 2022. For more information, please visit https://www.duettocloud.com/.