ROCKVILLE, Maryland—Cambria Hotels by Choice Hotels opened the Cambria Hotel Detroit Downtown. The 154-room hotel marks the latest in recent city center locations the brand has appeared in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Portland, Maine; and Savannah, Georgia.
The Cambria Hotel Detroit Downtown is a historic, adaptive reuse of The Walker-Roehrig Building, architecturally anchored in Detroit’s Art Deco period. The Cambria Hotel Detroit Downtown provides guests with access to the corporate offices for Ally Finance, Quicken Loans, Ford Motor Company, and General Motors, along with the Michigan Department of Transportation, Wayne State University, and the University of Detroit. The hotel is near bars and restaurants along the city’s riverfront, as well as the Detroit Opera House, the Ford Field football stadium, Comerica Park baseball stadium, and Little Caesar’s Arena.
“While best known for its automotive tradition, the Motor City is home to a wonderful breadth of industries—from engineering and healthcare to finance and technology—and Detroit’s newest downtown hotel perfectly situates guests at this intersection of commerce and culture,” said Janis Cannon, senior vice president, upscale brands, Choice Hotels. “The Cambria Hotel Detroit Downtown combines Motown’s rich history of innovation, ambition, and talent with stylish design and tailored amenities, and we look forward to serving as the home base for the millions of creators and modern travelers who visit the city annually.”
The Cambria Hotel Detroit Downtown, has amenities including:
- Multi-purpose indoor and outdoor spaces, including the Beve Detroit lobby bar and Cielo Detroit Rooftop Bar, which will open in the summer of 2023.
- Locally design and décor.
- Bathrooms with Bluetooth mirrors.
- Onsite dining at Detroit Taco and Cibo Detroit Restaurant. Detroit Taco is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Cibo Detroit Restaurant will open in the summer of 2023.
- Over 18,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces.
- Fitness center.
- Self-serve, lobby food and beverage marketplace.
- Five Iron Golf will open in the summer of 2023.