Local fans of the Barbs brand continue to vote Athens-based restaurant as No. 1
For the 11th consecutive year, Barberitos is excited to be voted “Favorite Burrito” by “Flagpole Magazine” readers. Since the Athens-based restaurant opened in 2000, Barberitos has grown to more than 50 locations around the southeast and has celebrated many milestones and awards.
“Athens is our home, and the Barberitos team is so honored to be recognized for so many years,” Barberitos Founder and CEO Downing Barber said. “This town has empowered us to become what we are today, and I have nothing but gratitude for all of those who have supported us throughout these 22 years.”
The 2021 Reader’s Favorite voting began on Feb. 1 and continued through Feb. 14. Full awards results can be found in the March 16 issue of “Flagpole Magazine.”
The downtown Athens Barberitos was the first location. There are now six additional locations in the Athens area including:
- Athens Downtown (259 East Clayton St.) – established in January 2000
- Athens Eastside (1860 Barnett Shoals Road) – established in March 2003
- Athens Epps Bridge (1880 Epps Bridge Road) – established in August 2003
- Athens Five Points (1739 S. Lumpkin St.) – established in March 2005
- Athens UGA Campus (Tate Center) – established in June 2009
- Athens Tech (680 N. Highway 29) – established in September 2016
- Athens Prince Ave. (1180 Prince Ave.) – established in June 2021
As a southwestern grille and cantina, Barberitos is dedicated to serving farm-fresh, high-quality food in an efficient manner. All of the restaurants’ menu items are made in-house daily, including hand-smashed guacamole, homemade salsas, fresh-cut vegetables, as well as chicken, pork, steak, turkey, tofu, rice and beans.
Barberitos has a mission to serve others with a focus on Food, Community and People. Through exceptional service, Barberitos aspires to become the market leader of the quick-serve burrito industry. The chain is dedicated to serving fresh, high-quality food in an efficient manner. With a focus on farm-fresh food, all of Barberitos’ menu items are made in-house daily, including the hand-smashed guacamole. Founded in 2000 by Downing Barber, Barberitos has grown to more than 50 locations in seven southeastern states.
For more information about the company or franchising opportunities, please visit www.Barberitos.com.